Toros Girls Auditions
Come audition to be a part of the most beautiful, talented, and exciting dance squad in the USL, The RGV Toros Girls!
An opportunity to perform at all Toros home games at HEB Park, learn cutting edge choreography from a former 5 year NBA dancer, and participate in promotional and charity appearances throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Experience the glamour of photo shoots, the excitement of game days, and the chance to give back to your community.
Date: January 28th
Audition: 10:00 am – End by 2 pm.
Location: Vipers Court- Edinburg Sports and Wellness Center
315 E Palm Dr. Edinburg Tx 78539
- Closed to public
- Two Rounds of Auditions and finalists will be chosen for interview the following day
- A few 8 counts of freestyle will be incorporated into one of the routines
- Judges will be looking for dance ability, appearance, showmanship, technique, fitness, and personality.
- Bring your audition fee, waiver, and a photo ID
- Audition dates and locations are subject to change during audition process
- Walk-ups day of are welcomed
- Must be 18 by March 20th
- Have a full-time/ part-time job or go to school
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have your own transportation
- Must provide a non returnable 8’10 photo
- Must complete waiver and submit dance resume
- Must be available to commit to all Toros Home Games and at least 5 appearances
- If selected a year contract is required
- No minimum or maximum height/weight requirement, but must look physically fit
- Tattoos must be covered with make up at all times
- Hair should be worn down
- Tryout outfit must show midriff, dance shoes/sneakers or boots with non-marking soles
- Must wear tights
- Rehearsal 2 times a week, evenings at Edinburg Wellness Center
- Performance at approx 17 home games
- Completion of at least 5 community appearances
- Toros Girls are paid for games and some promotional appearances
- Uniforms, poms, and warm-ups, are supplied to each Toros Girl.
AUDITION DAY TIPS
- You MUST wear crop/bra top, dance shorts and flesh tone tights
- Failure to wear recommended attire may result in elimination
- Bikini tops, full length pants or capris will not be permitted
- Make sure your outfit is comfortable and fits securely
- Be prepared for a long day -- bring snacks and water
- Bring a warm up suit/cover-up
Interviews will be held the day after auditions on Monday January 29th anytime between 9am and 5 pm. Finalists must make their appointment prior to leaving the audition. Business attire is required.
10:00-10:15 Warm Up
10:15-11:00 Learn Round 1 Choreo
11:00-11:30 Round 1 Cuts
12:00-12:30 Learn Round 2
12:30-1:15 Round 2 Cuts
1:45 announce Finalists